Domain-driven e-commerce for Django
Oscar is an e-commerce framework for Django designed for building domain-driven sites. It is structured such that any part of the core functionality can be customised to suit the needs of your project. This allows a wide range of e-commerce requirements to be handled, from large-scale B2C sites to complex B2B sites rich in domain-specific business logic.
- Official homepage
- Sandbox site (automatically deployed via the official docker sandbox image)
- Documentation on the excellent readthedocs.org
- Docker image on http://hub.docker.com/
- django-oscar group - mailing list for questions and announcements
- django-oscar-jobs group - mailing list for job offers
- Continuous integration homepage on travis-ci.org
- Twitter account for news and updates
- #django-oscar on Freenode (community-run IRC channel) with public logs
- PyPI page
- Transifex project - translating Oscar made easy
Continuous integration status:
- David Winterbottom (Twitter @codeinthehole )
- Maik Hoepfel (Twitter @maikhoepfel )
- Markus Bertheau
- Michael van Tellingen
- Alexander Gaevsky
- Samir Shah
These are screenshots from the 'sandbox' example site that ships with Oscar. It sports a simple design built with Twitter's Bootstrap and provides a good starting point for rapidly building elegant e-commerce sites.
The following extensions are stable and ready for use:
- django-oscar-api - RESTful JSON API for django-oscar
- django-oscar-adyen - Integration with the Adyen payment gateway
- django-oscar-datacash - Integration with the DataCash payment gateway
- django-oscar-paypal - Integration with PayPal. This currently supports both Express Checkout and PayFlow Pro .
- django-oscar-paymentexpress - Integration with the Payment Express payment gateway
- django-oscar-accounts - Managed accounts (can be used for giftcard functionality and loyalty schemes)
- django-oscar-stores - Physical stores integration (opening hours, store locator etc)
- django-oscar-eway - Integration with the eWay payment gateway.
- django-oscar-sagepay-direct - Integration with "DIRECT" part of Sagepay's API
- django_oscar_docdata - Integration with Docdata payment gateway.
- django_oscar_invoices - Invoices or receipts generation for the Oscar
The following are community-written extensions:
- django-oscar-payments - Pluggable payments for Oscar
- django-oscar-recurly - Integration with the Recurly payment gateway
- django-oscar-przelewy24 - Integration with the Przelewy24 payment gateway
- oscar-sagepay - Payment integration with Sage Pay
- django-oscar-sofortueberweisung - Integration with SOFORT
- django-oscar-support - Customer services and ticketing plugin for Oscar
- django-oscar-api-checkout - Oscar API Checkout is a layer on top of django-oscar and django-oscar-api, adding support for more complex and multiple payment options during an API checkout.
- django-oscar-bundles - Oscar Bundles adds multi-product bundles to django-oscar.
- django-oscar-bluelight - Bluelight Specials is a layer on-top of django-oscar that adds support for more complex offers and vouchers, including conjunctive and disjunctive compound conditions.
- django-oscar-cch - Oscar CCH is a plugin for django-oscar adding support for calculating taxes using the Wolters Kluwer CCH Sales Tax Office SOAP API.
- django-oscar-cybersource - Oscar CyberSource is a plugin for Oscar API Checkout that makes it possible to use CyberSource Secure Acceptance Silent Order Post as an order payment method.
- django-oscar-wfrs - Oscar WFRS is a plugin for django-oscar-api-checkout that makes it possible to use Wells Fargo Retail Services as an order payment method.
Let us know if you're writing a new one!
Videos with talks about Oscar:
- An introduction to Django-oscar by David Winterbottom , DjangoCon Europe 2014
- Oscar and the art of transactional Django applications by David Winterbottom , PyCon PL 2014
- The Tale of Oscar and the API by Kees Hink , PyGrunn 2017
Oscar is still in active development but is used in production by a range of companies, from large multinationals to small, boutique stores. See http://oscarcommerce.com/cases.html for an overview.
Many more on the way. If you use Oscar in production, please let us know .
If you are interested in having an Oscar project built for you, or for development of an existing Oscar site then please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org .